Governor to unveil Utah Energy Action Plan at his annual Energy Summit
Summit to feature keynotes by Dr. Ernest J. Moniz, Peter Huntsman and Steve Zaffron
Ten international energy delegations to participate
SALT LAKE CITY (May 10, 2018) — Governor Gary R. Herbert is set to release the Utah Energy Action Plan to 2020 at his seventh annual Governor’s Energy Summit: Crossroads of Global Innovation, taking place May 14-15, 2018 at the Grand America Hotel.
The Summit will focus on the plan’s themes of ensuring a vibrant and sustainable energy future through strategic investment in infrastructure, technology, innovation and partnerships.
“As the crossroads of global innovation, Utah is well-positioned to lead on providing a balanced approach to responsible development that mutually advances economic and environmental success,” said Gov. Herbert. “I’m proud to highlight Utah’s spirit of innovation and collaboration at my annual Summit, which will continue to enable our sustainable growth and prosperity for generations to come.”
The two-day summit and trade show will feature the perspectives of over 75 thought leaders across industry, government, research and education to help chart new pathways for responsible energy and minerals development at home and abroad.
The summit will begin at 3:00 p.m on May 14 with special library forum, “A Climate of Action,” featuring keynote remarks by Dr. Ernest J. Moniz, the 13th United States Secretary of Energy.
May 15, 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., will take a deep dive into regional, national and international energy challenges and opportunities across three mainstage panels and nine breakout sessions. The conference will feature the participation of ten international delegations across Utah’s global partnerships in Europe, Asia, the Americas, and Africa.
Speaker highlights include:
- Dr. Ernest J. Moniz, 13th United States Energy Secretary
- John W. Hickenlooper, Governor of Colorado
- Peter Huntsman, chairman, president and CEO, Huntsman Corporation
- Randolph Bresnik, NASA Astronaut
- Alejandro Amerena Carswell, director general for international affairs, Mexico Ministry of Energy (SENER)
- His Excellency, Mull S. Katende, Ambassador of Uganda to the United States
- Gary Packer, executive vice president and chief operating officer, Newfield
- Eric Toone, executive managing director for technology, Breakthrough Energy Ventures
- Nigel Steward, managing director, copper & diamonds operations, Rio Tinto
- Jim Lucas, Vice President, Western Region, Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems Americas
- Steve Zaffron, founder of the Vanto Group and author of “Three Laws of Performance”
- Lynn Doan, Team Leader, Power and Renewables Americas, Bloomberg News
“By developing key partnerships locally, nationally and globally, Utah continues to rise as the crossroads of innovation for advancing technologies and new solutions that mutually provide for our economic and environmental well being,” said Dr. Laura Nelson, the governor’s energy advisor. “With a robust speaker line up, three mainstage panels, and a series of forward-thinking breakout sessions, we anticipate that this summit will be our best yet.”
The full agenda and registration information can be found online at GovernorsEnergySummit.com.
Media should RSVP to Meghan Stettler for event-specific credentials at firstname.lastname@example.org.
# # #