Solar Tax Credit
The following documents refer to the Solar PV tax credit. More information about the entire renewable energy systems tax credit program is provided below.
Click on the link above to complete and submit your Solar PV tax credit application. The link will direct you to a new website (oed2.fluidreview.com) where you will need to create an account and complete your application. PLEASE NOTE, the Solar PV tax credit application can only be submitted online.
This link provides a summary of how to complete and submit your solar PV tax credit application.
This link provides step by step instructions for completing and submitting your solar PV tax credit application.
This link provides a video of how to complete and submit your solar PV tax credit application.
This link provides answers to Frequently Asked Questions about the solar PV tax credit.
This link provides answers to Frequently Asked Questions about audits.
What is the Renewable Energy Systems Tax Credit?
The Renewable Energy Systems Tax Credit is divided into two types of incentives. The Investment Tax Credit (ITC) and the Production Tax Credit (PTC).
The Investment Tax Credit (ITC) has two sides: Residential and Commerical. Eligible technologies include solar photovoltaic (solar PV), solar thermal, wind, geothermal, hydro, and biomass.
- The Residential Tax Credit is non-refundable and is calculated as 25% of the eligible system cost or $2,000, whichever is less.
- The Commercial Tax Credit is calculated as 10% of the eligible system cost or $50,000, whichever is less. The Commercial Tax Credit is refundable, but can only be claimed by business, corporation, or LLC entities.
The Production Tax Credit (PTC) incentive is available for large scale projects that are 660 kilowatts or greater (solar photovoltaic systems 660 KW to 2 MW may choose between the ITC & PTC). The PTC is calculated as $.0035 (.35¢) per kilowatt hour of produced electricity during the project’s first 48 months. For the purposes of the credit, the “renewable energy” category includes solar photovoltaic, wind, geothermal and biomass. Please contact Richard Bell if you intend to pursue and apply for a Production Tax Credit.
For further information on the Utah Renewable Energy Systems Tax Credit, please click on the links below:
Tax Credit Applications
- Link to the Solar PV Tax Credit Application (this link will direct you to a new website, oed2.fluidreview.com, where you will need to create an account and fill out the application online)
- Solar Thermal (Hot Water) Tax Credit Application (please complete this application and submit all documentation to email@example.com)
OED by email
Energy Policy Analyst
(801) 538-8682 | firstname.lastname@example.org