C-PACE and Mortgage Holders
We are currently revising our C-PACE program due to recent legislative changes. We will post updated content shortly. The new SB 273 C-PACE legislation can be viewed on the Utah Legislature's website.
Overview of C-PACE for Mortgage HoldersMortgage holders can learn more about C-PACE program and the benefits of lender consent by:
- Downloading our two-page factsheet
- Checking out C-PACE progress nationwide
- Reading the C-PACE FAQ Sheet
- Viewing the webinar below
- Downloading the webinar slides here
BENEFIT 1: Value of Collateral IncreasesA quality C-PACE project will include project financials that demonstrate the value of the project and expected return on investment. To help building owners, contractors, and project developers capture this information, Sustainable Real Estate Solutions developed an example of the kind of information an existing lien holder will want to see.
BENEFIT 2: Property Owner's Improve Their Ability to Make Lien PaymentsDue to the benefits of C-PACE, over 100 financial institutions nationwide have consented to PACE assessments. Here is a list of consenting lenders across the nation and some additional resources that demonstrate the benefits of lender consent:
- Fact sheet summarizing the case for lender consent
- Handbook for obtaining lender consent
- Updated lender support handbook
Other Stakeholder ResourcesHere are all the applications, documents, information, and resources you need if you are a:
[table id=13 /]
- In the event of a default, does that trigger acceleration of payment on the bond or does it stay a stream of payment? Default should not trigger acceleration of payment because it is treated like a property tax, not a conventional loan.
- Can you pay off a C-PACE loan early? There is no statutory guidelines on paying off a C-PACE loan early, it ultimately depends on the terms of the agreement between the capital provider and the building owner.
- Are non-profits eligible for C-PACE financing? Non-profits can receive C-PACE if they opt to have a special assessment placed on their property.
- Can audits, design, transaction fees, and other soft costs to be rolled into a C-PACE lien? Yes, all costs may be rolled into the C-PACE obligation, so no money is required up front.