UTAH ENERGY RESEARCH GRANT
UTAH ENERGY RESEARCH GRANT OPPORTUNITIES, GUIDES, FORMS, AND FUNDED PROJECTS FROM THE UTAH OFFICE OF ENERGY DEVELOPMENT.
Utah Energy Research Grant
The Utah Office of Energy Development (OED) announces a funding opportunity for energy and energy-related research within the State of Utah. Under HB 426, OED may award up to $1,000,000 per year in matching funds to Utah organizations conducting original research that advances Utah’s state energy goals.
How to Apply
Read our guide on applying for Utah Office of Energy Development Grants.
PROJECT START DATE
In order to be considered eligible for this grant, an organization must:
- Be based in the state of Utah.
- Be a legally recognized organization.
- Have matching funding of at least 50% of the amount requested from OED.
- Provide details of matching funding including amount and qualification requirements.
- Pursue a project with goals/objectives that align with the state energy policy and State Strategic Energy Plan.
- Submit only one grant application per year.
Grant proposals will be evaluated on a competitive basis against the responses to the following criteria:
- Project Alignment with OED Objectives
- Methodology and Approach
- Budget and Resource Management
- Organizational Capacity
- Community Impact and Engagement
- Sustainability and Evaluation
Successful grant awardees will perform an energy related research project with the appropriated OED funding with the following expected deliverables/outcomes:
- Monthly progress reports during execution of the project detailing project progress, challenges and solutions, budget and expenditures, and preliminary findings.
- At project conclusion, a final report summarizing the original project scope, funding amount awarded, accomplishments, results and conclusions, and suggestions for further research or technology development.
- Acknowledgement of the contributions of OED for any technology development, research results, invention, or commercialization of products in any publication, academic paper, news article, journal article, social media post, etc.